I haven't been on this blog in a long time. I have been discouraged and out of luck, but today I have decided to begin my journey again. There is a lot that has brought me to this point, that is pushing me to succeed. It all starts, aside from childhood weight issues, about 8 months ago when I got pregnant. It was a shock to both Christopher and I, but we took it head on. Shortly after 8 weeks, I lost the pregnancy. Miscarrying is hard. An emotional roller coaster of mental and physical pain. The reality that the little life growing inside is no longer there. They told me the statistics that it happens; one in four pregnancies. They told me there was nothing I could have done to change it. My mind and soul told me "if you wouldn't have gotten pregnant so over weight, you may have not lost the pregnancy." I now know and believe this wasn't true, it was a loving Heavenly Father's plan for me to not be pregnant yet. In the mean time, I gained 10 pounds. As I emotionally and physically prepared to start my weight loss journey again, I ended up in the emergency room with gallstones which resulted in surgery. I then finally recovered only to contract strep, which seems to be lasting forever with antibiotics. Although most have more going on in their lives, this was the most I had personally been through in such a small amount of time. Through this all, I know everything could have been easier if I were healthier. So I start this journey to regain my physical health, my mental health, and my spiritual health. I got a prescription for a new medication that is called Belviq. "BELVIQ® helps you feel satisfied with less food by targeting a hunger receptor in the brain."
I look forward to trying the new medication while being able to refocus my life. I took my first pill today and will continue with updates as they come. Along with Belviq, as soon as I finish recovering from my strep, I will begin doing Insanity again.
I did insanity for 6 weeks and was seeing great results, this was before everything happened. It is definitely hard but it is the best workout I have ever done. I am not able to do a full video at a time, but I push through the best that I can until the 40 minutes is up. I would ideally like to lose 90 pounds. This would put me at a healthy 140 on my 5'5" frame. I will get an exact weight first thing tomorrow morning and will update this progress as well. Here is to the journey to a new and healthier life. There is no where to go but up from here.


No comments:
Post a Comment